01 September 2008

Checking In

I assume somebody must read this blog without my coercion, since I'm linked up and have a super-easy URL to remember.

It's September, and that means one more semester in the classroom, then a master's thesis?!? project?!?!?!? and I'm done with school forever, until someone pays me to go, but why start now cheapskates? My two closest friends and I had a sendoff to end all sendoffs a few weeks ago, as the images below will illustrate. One will be a yuppie elitist doctor of some sort, and the other is a brother (no rhyme intended) in Brooklyn with some Catholic dudes who seem very nice.



I've been at the Courant for almost six months now, and my cohorts are still impressed that I love my job. I do. It doesn't feel like work because I enjoy it so much, even the 5am shifts. Being surrounded by news makes me feel smarter, and the convention season has been nothing short of thrilling.



One of the most interesting parts of my job is monitoring the online discussions on our articles. I pray, and assume, that these people who post on our site are only a slim fraction of the general public because many of them are filled with so much blind hatred and inflated confidence from their anonymity. Witnessing their political discussions is like trying to push together two magnets that have conflicting poles.

Go ahead and grab a few magnets. Give it a shot and tell me I don't make sense.



I'm also on some sort of a health kick. This means I count calories religiously and make sure I consume a consistent amount in 4 or 5 smaller daily meals instead of 2 or 3 large ones. The best part about this plan is that if I fall short of the minimum caloric intake for the day, I can easily compensate by cracking open a Newcastle or two. I think I've lost about 7 pounds over the last eight days, so hopefully I'll be decent in a few more months.

You know, for the ladies. They deserve me.


Good night,

MLG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post fills with me with blind hatred! And my inflated confidence from my anonymity means I'm not afraid to say so!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it. I'm happy to see well-developed comments on my blog. Just remember: I live to make you hate me.

Love,
Mike Grillo